Explore the process in which we take our patients outlining the treatments and services we provide along with the benefits of these. All helping you to achieve your end goal of getting back to the activity you love.
TREATMENTS AND MEDICAL MANAGEMENT
Treatments will commence on your initial consultation and with any follow up/review appointment. Treatment will be approximately 45min long. It can be a combination of hands on treatment modalities. We use modalities that respect the biology of healing and help optimise function.
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue release/massage
- Fascial release and cupping
- Neural mobilisations
- MSK acupuncture, trigger point therapy and electro-acupuncture
- Sport taping and K-tape
We use a personalised exercise programme to enhance the hands on treatment modalities and optimise outcome. Below are some of the exercise programmes we prescribe:
- Core (motor control) activation and stability work
- Personalised exercise programme and rehabilitation
- Sports medicine rehabilitation
- Fitness testing prior to return to play
- Running screening and assessments
- Pool rehabilitation
- Shockwave therapy, ultrasound guided injunctions and further investigations as ultrasound and MRI’s all can be accessible through collaboration with our sport physicians and orthopaedic specialists.
- Referrals for Podiatry & Biomechanics assessment along with sport nutrition and sport psychology are also made through collaboration with our team of specialists.
EXERCISE PRESCRIPTION / PROGRAMMES
At your initial consultation or at the follow up appointment, you will be given an exercise programme to follow to help resolve your symptoms. The programme is very personalised and individualised to your needs and personal goals. We usually limit the exercises to no more than 5-6 exercises at any one stage. There may be a combination of stretches to gain joint mobility, or activation exercises to gain motor control changes, or exercises for strength gains.
The therapeutic exercise programme will challenge you in safe environment respecting the physiology and the stage of healing. These exercises will be progressed over time and so the easier ones become substituted with some more challenging exercises without irritating the area of injury. It is imperative not to aggravate the injury or the healing process during the rehabilitation process. Some treatments and therapeutic exercises, if administered incorrectly or without good judgment, have the potential to exacerbate the injury and make it worse. You will be supervised through these exercises to ensure technique and control is effective in working the targeted muscle groups.
We will send you the programme in a series of videos with reps & sets instructions via our Salaso programme. The programme will include a cardiovascular exercise, in addition to some strength training exercises. These exercises will be paramount to your rehabilitation journey and the means of your recovery to activity or athletic performance.
We use our expertise in clinical reasoning skills to tailor your treatment plan to help you return to optimum function and physical activity. By integrating advice, education, evidence based therapeutic interventions and exercise.
Did you know?
Compelling research and evidence from sport and exercise medicine societies across the world have confirmed that ‘exercise’ is the one best habit for our health. They support physical activity prescription in 30 chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health etc…..Inactivity has become the new smoking and ‘sitting disease’ is recognised as a major health problem.